Liverpool 2018 – Ten Years in the Making
Liverpool Arab Arts Festival is excited by the final plans being put in place to mark the tenth anniversary of Liverpool's reign as European Capital of Culture next year.
Details of Liverpool 2018 - the year-long celebration of the city’s thriving creative scene - will be announced in January. This will be when the city gears up to once again step into the international spotlight and showcase its extraordinary culture offer, while looking forward to the next decade of cultural innovation.
A number of major projects within the programme have already been announced including;
- China’s First Emperor and the Terracotta Warriors - coming to the UK for the first time in a generation
- The Three Festivals Tall Ships Regatta linking Liverpool, Dublin and Bordeaux on 25 – 28 May
- The finale of the Clipper Around the World Yacht Race which is set to race back onto the Mersey in late July
- The Clothes Show which returns to the city for a second year from 19-21 October
- Tate Liverpool’s 30th anniversary programme including an Egon Schiele retrospective
- Liverpool Biennial’s 10th edition presenting leading visual artists from across the world takes place over 15 weeks
- Rewire – A major new art and technology commission led by FACT with Invisible Flock, working with artists from across the globe and communities in Toxteth
Liverpool Arab Arts Festival 2018 will make an international contribution to this exciting programme, with full details to be announced next year.
We're excited to be part of such a great cultural programme that highlights the amazing cultural legacy of Capital of Culture - 10 years on.